LOW PROFILE WITH PREMIUM CUSHIONINGDesigned with insights from a skateboarding legend, the Nike SB Stefan Janoski Max Shoe provides excellent impact protection and a natural ride with a Max Air unit under the heel and deep flex grooves.
• Breathable synthetic upper for durability and ventilation
• One-piece booty construction for low-profile comfort
• Lightweight Phylon midsole and Max Air unit under the heel for superb cushioning
• EVA foam sockliner for additional cushioning
• Deep vertical and horizontal flex grooves for natural range of motion
• Solid rubber pods with herringbone traction pattern for boardfeel
Nike Air Max OriginsNike's revolutionary Air-Sole unit made its way into Nike footwear in the late '70s. In 1987, the Nike Air Max 1 debuted with visible air in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air-Sole comfort—suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Nike Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.
NATURAL FLEX AND COMFORTThe Nike Free OG 2014 Shoe offers barefoot-like flexibility and excellent breathability for everyday comfort.
• Lightweight textile and synthetic leather upper for reduced bulk and durable comfort
• Perforations for excellent breathability
• Nike Free midsole with deep sipes for a barefoot-like feel
• Outsole rubber pods at heel for durability in high-wear areas
Nike Free Origins
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion. The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.